Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Possibilities



There was a time, when I would mention what kind of influence one can have on the society as an entrepreneur or an early employee of a value-creating startup - and then, people would say all I really wanted is money...

... and it's both right and wrong. It's hard to argue with these people, but simply getting rich was never my dream. My dream, is this:


I dream of enjoying sushi in a sushi bar when I'm 230 years old.

And I'd be talking with the chef about everything that happened in the past. I'd have 200 years to learn Japanese by then. That, or Babel Fish would've happened.

"Little startup companies were all the rage here 200 years ago, you see the Bay over there? That used to be where they made {X}... and it's the reason why we have {Y} and {Z} today."

"Oh yeah? I founded two of those startups there back then, but they all went belly up. I was so dumb."

"Heh. I was making electric cars there back then..."

"And they thought going 0 to 60mph in 3 seconds was cool? Booo!"

(a few sushi later)

"When I was 30 years old, I thought the industrial revolution was amazing..."

"Yeah, and then it happened again, twice."

"And all it did was putting up sushi bars in space."

"All those techniques for raising and cutting fish in space weren't invented in one day, you know."


... and the fish, tastes as good as, you know, the good old days.

No comments: