Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Things to write about in the coming days.

I have the memory of a goldfish - I forget things soon after they're spoken to me, which is why I rely on emails and IM/IRC chat logs a lot. So I'd also need a note about what to write here in the days when I have less things to do.

  1. The progress of moving.
  2. New features and important bugfixes in FCKeditor 2.5, 2.6 and the up-and-coming 2.6.1.
  3. Recent developments in the web app field:
    1. CSS transitions and animations - no JavaScript needed
    2. Client-side storage via SQL in JavaScript
    3. JavaScript dynamic linking
    4. DOM selectors and their relative performance
    5. The astute reader might have noticed some the above topics are related to HTML5
  4. Some highly aggravating IE bugs I met during FCKeditor development:
    1. Selections and non-standard-conforming ranges in IE
    2. Memory leaks - this is an old topic, but there are more leaks beyond circular references
    3. Why you should never use Microsoft-specific functions in IE - the horrible bugs and ridiculous workarounds with window.createPopup().
  5. Startup ideas (??)

No comments: